CineStill °Cs TCS-1000 Temperature Control System
The °Cs “Temperature Control System” TCS-1000 immersion circulator/thermostat is is the simplest solution for precision film processing at home.
Whether you are developing black and white, colour negative, or slide film, this system allows you to efficiently and easily mix concentrates and powder chemicals, heat it up to the precise processing temperature, and maintain it during the entire developing session.
Universal design holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (Collapsible Accordion style, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub, or basin of your preference, at the desired temperature.
Intuitive interface preset to standard C-41 processing, and easily adjustable temperature and timers for any process.
Easily mixes and heats chemistry in a 1000ml. jug in seconds, without splatter, spill or additional oxidation. Reheat chemistry preserved in the fridge for longer shelf life.
- Intuitive ready-to-use interface does not require additional timers, downloading phone apps, nor connecting to bluetooth/wifi
- Display and firmware pre-programmed to process film with an adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, B&W, etc.) in Min : Sec
- Simple toggling between °C/°F readouts
- Universal bottle holder holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (collapsible accordion style, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub, or basin of your preference
- PTC heating element, brushless DC motor and moulded polymer impeller
- Stainless steel housing
- Ground protection and temp/water level/overheat protection sensor
When using the TCS-1000 with the dedicate °Cs 1000ml Mixing Jug to pre-heat your chemistry, processing colour film can be faster and simpler than traditional methods of processing black and white film at home. That said, submerging your bottles and your tanks in a temperature control bath at the desired temperature throughout the developing process is the most precise way of developing colour negative and slide film. (Instructions include directions for colour-processing with or without a bath.)
For longer developing sessions and the most precise results, the TCS-1000 is ideal to be used as a temperature control bath circulator. The included universal bottle holder attachment holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (°Cs Collapsible Air Reduction, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub or basin of your preference and prevents them all from tipping over.
ADVANTAGES OVER KITCHEN APPLIANCES:
Inspired by affordable kitchen appliances, cooking thermostats and even a foot-spa, which were themselves inspired by costly laboratory tools for scientific thermoregulation, we have now come full circle. An affordable immersion circulator thermostat for home laboratory use.
- User-adjustable precise constant temperature control, from 0°C to 95°C (+/-0.1°C), compared to cooking appliances which are only consistent between 45°C to 99°C (film processing ranges between 18°C – 40°C).
- Heats, mixes and circulates chemistry or temperature control bath, maintaining consistent accurate temperature (within +/-1°C of user setting) throughout the entire bath (1-20L).
- Positive thermal coefficient (PTC) heating element heats/cools quickly and is more stable and durable than standard metal heating tubes, which run too hot and rust.
- Display and firmware designed for processing film, starts up ready to process color film with adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, Df96 monobath, etc.) in Min : Sec
- High efficiency DC brushless motor offers fast speed, low noise, does not give off heat when processing film at lower temperatures, and has a life cycle over 4,000 working hours, 20-30% longer than most kitchen appliances. Combined with moulded impeller has a max circulation capacity of up to 20L.