We stock all formats of Polaroid Film, including 600, SX-70, Spectra, and of course the new I-TYPE format.
All of our Polaroid film is fresh and cold-stored, and ready to ship to today.
Fujifilm Instax Mini
Capture Your Memories with a Fujifilm Instax Mini
For a fun and easy way to take photographs, try out the Fujifilm Instax Mini. Like its predecessor, the Polaroid camera, the Instax camera uses a film that self develops within minutes. These cameras are a great way to capture your memories instantly and in almost any lighting conditions. If you are planning a wedding, instead of paying exorbitant amounts of money and then having to wait weeks to have the photo touched up, why not use a Fujifilm camera at your reception to photograph your guests and save the professional pictures for the wedding itself. If you are looking to purchase this camera, either for yourself or as a gift, step into WALKENS House of Film and take a look at the extensive range we stock.
Benefits of Fuji Instax Mini
Taking photos with the Instax Mini has become quite popular among millennials and the Gen Z population. Photos are a great way of capturing moments and sharing them right away. While almost everyone has a smartphone with a camera, people seldom print photos. Using this camera means your photos are “printed” on the spot on the Instax film sheets. There are many benefits to using this type of camera.
- Take colour or black and white photos. Just as you can choose to take pictures in colour or black and white with digital photography, you can do the same with Instax film sheets. All you must do is choose between the colour or black and white film sheets and start clicking away. The film comes in packs of 10 or 20 sheets.
- Easy to use. The camera is designed for convenient use; even the kiddies can become budding photographers. Unlike the many buttons on digital cameras, the Instax Mini has only a few. Simply switch the camera on, press the button to allow the lens to pop out, and start taking photos. You should hold the camera vertically as the images are printed on portrait film.
- Inexpensive. These cameras make great gifts to give teens and kids who have never owned a camera. Both the camera and the film are cost-effective, so there is no need to worry about spending hundreds of dollars on a gift for your younger loved ones.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Polaroid film
Taking instant photos is a fun way to express yourself as a photographer, whether you are a novice or an expert. With Polaroid instant film cameras, you can see the printed image within minutes. To avoid making mistakes while using your camera, consider these tips.
- Not taking care of your photos. To avoid damage to your new photos, avoid putting them in an unprotected place. Remember that this is the only copy of your photograph. One mistake many people make is that once they develop the picture, they put the photo into their pockets to ready themselves for the next shot. Instead, keep an album with you, and once you have shot and developed the picture, place it into the album for safekeeping. Visit us to purchase your 600 film for Polaroid
- Fear of wasting film. Sometimes you need to ignore the cost of something to enjoy the outcome. Remember this when you experiment with photography. Polaroid 600 filmcomes in packs of 40 sheets, which means you can capture 40 different memories. Don’t let the fear of wasting film make you miss freezing a moment you don’t want to forget.
- Forgetting the manual. If you have never used a Polaroid camera, the manual is your new best friend. They cover everything you need to know about your new camera. Reading the manual from cover-to-cover will help prevent you from damaging it or wasting film because you don’t know the dos and don’ts of how to take photos with it.
Tips Regarding Instax Film Australia
Using Fujifilm Instax film means the camera itself will print your photos. These photos are terrific for making a scrapbook album of memories, either for yourself or as a gift for someone special. To ensure your photos come out beautifully, follow these simple tips.
- Keep your distance for selfies. Due to its focal distance, the camera should be held at arm’s length, around 30cm, when you take a selfie. If you hold the camera too close, your photo will be blurry.
- Watch your fingers. Always remember to keep your fingers away from the lens. You wouldn’t want to mess up a cool shot with either part of your finger in the shot or the impression of fingerprints on your photos.
- Be aware of your background. Your background can make or break a beautiful photograph. Make sure there aren’t any unwanted people in your background. Also, check for trash on the floor, dirty walls, or derelict buildings.
About WALKENS House of Film
WALKENS House of Film is a small camera and film store that purchases all its stock direct from the manufacturers. We are passionate about photography and capturing the small important moments you would otherwise forget. While many photographers have chosen to use digital cameras, we still believe in showing off your natural photography skills using film cameras, involving manual adjustment of settings according to your location and the light available.
Once you have used your roll of film, pop into our store and let us develop your film while you wait to see the masterpieces you have created. We are also stockists of Polaroid film here in Australia. If we don’t stock the particular item you’re looking for; we will happily assist you in finding it or ordering it especially for you.
Contact us today to discuss cameras, equipment film, and development.