Kodachrome is a new Magazine produced by Kodak in the USA, with a focus on art, film and analog culture.
Crystalizing the analog movement as a cultural moment, Kodachrome magazine celebrates and showcases the global creative community it serves.
Each issue explores creation, craft and inspiration in all its glory, from the makers and masters who’ve shaped the scene today, to the innovators and disruptors pushing it somewhere new, next.
** SPECIAL IMPORT FROM US**
Issue 4 – Exploring the Analog Underground:
Gazing through the unique lens of fringe culture, this issue of Kodachrome goes underground – analog style. Whether it’s skating across cultural boundaries, getting back to the heart and soul of beer brewing, digging into the annals of afrobeat, using celluloid to disrupt the status quo, lusting after classic film cameras or stitching patches with punch, Kodachrome Issue 04 is packed with stories, photo galleries, insights and interviews from the frontline of global creativity.
Issue 04 is 84 pages of features, photography and illustration including:
- Director Spike Lee on the power of film, challenging misconceptions about independent cinema and his latest joint – BlacKkKlansman
- Louisa Menke on skating in a war zone and breathing life into a photograph through film
- Hong Kong photography institution David Chan on cameras with staying power
- Tacita Dean and peers on why contemporary artists are committed to celluloid
- Thomas Campbell, Ed Templeton, the Homcys and more on the effect and impact of analog when shooting surf, skate and snow
- From Aardman to LAIKA, how stop motion studios are crafting stories beyond our wildest dreams
- How Analog Africa is uncovering rare afrobeat gems and putting them in the spotlight
- Tracking the international craft beer revolution via the Philippines, Denmark and India
- Camera Club: #kodakcameraclub’s eye on the underground
- Unusual canvasses: saluting the artists and nerds making statements in stitch