Kodachrome is a new Magazine produced by Kodak in the USA, with a focus on art, film and analog culture.
Crystalizing the analog movement as a cultural moment, Kodachrome magazine celebrates and showcases the global creative community it serves.
Each issue explores creation, craft and inspiration in all its glory, from the makers and masters who’ve shaped the scene today, to the innovators and disruptors pushing it somewhere new, next.
** SPECIAL IMPORT FROM US**
From the creative power of limits to the enduring spell of children’s books, unleashing Warhol’s films to the prowess of print news in a post-truth world, crafting special effects to photographing the moon; the second installment of Kodachrome is bursting with stories, conversations and investigations from across the world – and the decades. Share our fascination with creation, craft and inspiration? This journal is for you.
Issue 02 is 96 pages of illuminating features, photography and illustration including:
- Writer–director–filmmaker Tom Beard on telling the untold
- Lunar Spectacular: taking photography to the moon, and back
- Dark Art: developing the art of film at Labyrinth Photographic
- John Hanhardt on curation, from MoMA to Warhol’s secret film store
- Craft Movement: exploring the evolution of film’s special effects
- The Art of Science, The Science of Art: 3D printing’s place in the art world
- Put on Your Red Dress: tracing the trope of the woman in red
- Sparking Creativity: striking a connection with matchbox artists across the globe