Cinestill 50 is made from original fresh stock of Kodak 50D, prepped and rolled for clean, safe C-41 standard development as an ISO 50 film. Boasted to be the world’s finest grain film! Cinestill is also available in 800ISO, this is the 50ISO version, great for portraits and landscape photography.
May also be processed in motion picture ECN-2 chemistry.
Cinestill's proprietary "Premoval" process makes this motion picture film safe to process in standard C-41 photo lab chemicals or at home.
- Colour Balanced Daylighat (5500K) colour negative motion picture film stock for use as still photography film
- ISO 50/18° in C-41 or ECN-2 Process
- Factory spooled with self-adhesive labels inside
- Remjet backing free, resulting in a unique halation effect
- Unrivaled highlight and shadow latitude
- Dynamic accurate colour rendition
- High resolution with maximum sharpness
- Enhanced Scanning Performance
- Great for portraits and landscapes
- Recommended to process C-41 without worrying about remjet
Expiration: The new and improved production of CineStill film now has an extended shelf life, and has been tested for longevity up to 1.5 years without base fogging. Unexposed film should be stored in the fridge and shot within 6 months of purchase to achieve optimal results. Exposed film should be processed promptly in C-41 chemicals to preserve latent image latitude and color fidelity. All current productions of CineStill will have expiration dates for 18 months from manufacture date on the packaging.
This emulsion was designed to be processed in ECN-2 Chemicals and may still be processed in it's native chemistry, resulting in a pulled negative with lower gamma. Test results show consistent in standard C-41 machine processing when compared with ECN-2 motion picture lab processing performed by professional labs. Long term archival stability has not been tested past 5 years. Expectations for archival longevity should be somewhere between Kodachrome and most C-41 films but there are no guarantees. We will replace any roll that shows any defect. We do not accept any liability beyond replacement of original film purchased.